Help my Yellow Tang

wailingspike

I have had this Yellow tang for about two months now. When I first got it, it appeared to be healthy it ate well and swanm about the tank happily. Lately however it seems to have lost interest in life doesn't eat and swims slower. The water conditions are Temp 80 degrees Ammonia 0 Nitrite 0 nitrate 15 PH 8.2 Salinity 1.022. This is the second Yellow tang that I have had. The same thing happened to the last one and it eventually starved to death. It shares a 75 gallon tank with a Regal Tang, 2 Clownfish and a Royal Dottyback. Please if you could help and explain what is wrong and what I should do to fix the problem.

ps. The green dots in the picture are on the glass not the fish.

Edited by wailingspike

Does it have any white spots on it? Even one or two can indicate something developing. Early detection is very important.

I would suggest calling Sean at Fins & Feathers. Check the Vendor section for contact information. He is excellent at this type of thing.

I would suggest calling Sean at Fins & Feathers. Check the Vendor section for contact information. He is excellent at this type of thing.

Just ran into Sean (he's still ok cuz I didn't reverse after I hit him) and he says to call the shop tomorrow. It may be flukes or velvet. Check the mouth with a magnifying glass for ulcers, watch the fish for flashing or flicking, and make sure the dottyback isn't harassing him. At lights out, shine a flashlight down the side of the fish and try to see if there are any small thorn like protrusions that are kind of rust colored.

If it gets to be an emergency, email sean for a cell phone number. finsandfeathersmanager@msn.com.