rbta and percula

guppychao

In need of help, i have a pair of perculas that were once in a heteractus anenome. Unfortunatley the Heteratus bit the dust and i replace it with a Rose. The rose has been in the tank for over 1.5 months (thanks Craig) however the clowns are not hosting it. anything i could do to get them to play in the rose?

any help would be great

thanks

time.. nothing will make them go in it. Just wait longer. Sometime they will never host in it.

also I don't think Perc's naturally host in rbta's, i might be wrong.

Rocko

that is correct, the rbta is not the perculas natural host, but sometimes they do.

time.. nothing will make them go in it. Just wait longer. Sometime they will never host in it.

also I don't think Perc's naturally host in rbta's, i might be wrong.

This may sound odd, but I read somewhere that "scaring" the clowns will sometimes get them to host. I believe the example given was printing out a lifesize picture of a lionfish and putting it on the glass. I am sure you can come up with different ways. Logically it makes sense since defense(safety) is the primary purpose of the symbiotic relationship - at least for the clowns.

Marinap is the right person to ask as the club's unrivaled clown expert. I have a perc and he just likes to hang in his one upper corner of the tank. I think that generally speaking ocellaris clowns (false percs) will host in just about anything, and percs generally only host in ridiculous anemones that don't really survive in captivity. Any exceptions out there? I'd be interested in ideas for my own perc.

Marinap is the right person to ask as the club's unrivaled clown expert. I have a perc and he just likes to hang in his one upper corner of the tank. I think that generally speaking ocellaris clowns (false percs) will host in just about anything, and percs generally only host in ridiculous anemones that don't really survive in captivity. Any exceptions out there? I'd be interested in ideas for my own perc.

I agree with that. My false perc have hosted in my riteri, green bubble tip, rose bubble tip, long tentacle, my large frogspawn, and even my torch.