12 Gallon Aquapod as refugium or sattelite tank

stevil

I recently picked up a 12 Gallon Aquapod. I'd like use it either as a refugium or as a satellite display tank for my main tank. I'm thinking it would be best to have it drilled, anyone with experience in this? I know there is some risk in damage with any drilling operation. I'd like to keep my options open for using it as a stand-alone tank in the future. Also if anyone has any other alternative ideas, I'd like to hear them.

Thanks. I just posted it on their forum: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=101446

Well - I had no luck getting a reply there. Can anyone help me drill a tank? The back glass of the Aquapod is thicker than the front and I have read reports that it is not tempered.

Would anyone recommend having the drain and the return in any particular place (e.g.) top v bottom? I'm planning to build a DIY durso-like pipe.

Well - I had no luck getting a reply there. Can anyone help me drill a tank? The back glass of the Aquapod is thicker than the front and I have read reports that it is not tempered.

Would anyone recommend having the drain and the return in any particular place (e.g.) top v bottom? I'm planning to build a DIY durso-like pipe.

personally, i think you're playing with fire there man... i'd set it up on it's own. they can be very stable if you make some mods.

if you had the 24, i'd say you'd be ok to drill, but eh, the 12. i'm hesitant to suggest that from what i've read.