Who Has PipeFish?

Gadgets

So I am finally getting around to setting up my pipefish/zoa prop tank. I was wondering if any of you had pipefish. Just wanted to get some tips from you guys and gals. Would love to come check out some tanks as well.

So far this is my list. Please post comments.

Tank- 20H

Sand- 20-40lbs reef sand (Don't have yet)

LR- ~10lbs

Lights- 250w 20k

Algae- Dragon's Breath (Will get some other types soon!)

Flow- MJ900

Filtration- LR and Macro

Heater- 25-50w visi-therm (Can't remember what it is :why: )

What do u think?

Alittle more info for you.

I had the pipes in a 12 gallon nano for 4 weeks. In that time i got them eating frozen cyclopeeze. When i was happy they were eating well i moved them to the main tank. In the Seahorse tank i have cc mixed with sand and about 40 lbs of rock. I have a hang on back filter with live rock and cheato in it. I have lots of dragons breath maco, cheato, Halimeda, and another macro i have yet to ID. The pipes pick all the time, they are very cool to watch. I am going to pick up a 3rd one sometime this week.

Oh I have a T5 TEK dual 54w DIY retro kit 48 over the tank.

Hope that helps

Alittle more info for you.

I had the pipes in a 12 gallon nano for 4 weeks. In that time i got them eating frozen cyclopeeze. When i was happy they were eating well i moved them to the main tank. In the Seahorse tank i have cc mixed with sand and about 40 lbs of rock. I have a hang on back filter with live rock and cheato in it. I have lots of dragons breath maco, cheato, Halimeda, and another macro i have yet to ID. The pipes pick all the time, they are very cool to watch. I am going to pick up a 3rd one sometime this week.

Oh I have a T5 TEK dual 54w DIY retro kit 48 over the tank.

Hope that helps

Thanks Rocko. Are they in your reef or seahorse tank? I think I may do a HOB instead of the powerhead.

Thanks Rocko. Are they in your reef or seahorse tank? I think I may do a HOB instead of the powerhead.

i have a great HOB filter if you need one. :)

did you get my PM on the sand?

they are in my horse tank. I do have zoos and other soft corals in there.

most pipes are reef safe, but do your research, i don't want to be blamed for all you corals being eating by your pipes. :cheers:

Thanks.

I researched the dragons as well as the african banded. I think I will get the banded. They look so awesome! I am gonna start setting up on Thursday! :bounce: :bounce: :gho:

Thanks.

I researched the dragons as well as the african banded. I think I will get the banded. They look so awesome! I am gonna start setting up on Thursday! :bounce: :bounce: :gho:

Make sure you can get them in, it took a while for my dragon faces to come in. Although they seem to be easier to get now. Now sure why, but 6 months ago they were impossible to get in.

Make sure you can get them in, it took a while for my dragon faces to come in. Although they seem to be easier to get now. Now sure why, but 6 months ago they were impossible to get in.

I saw them at Wally's sometime ago and they STILL have all four of them!!!!!!!!!!!! They are feeding them a mixture of Cyclopseeze and live brine. I am hoping to get them eating some hikari mysis.

I have one in my 360,I believe you seen it when you and Rik came by. Its still doing great and constanlty hunting but also eats any frozen meaty food. Its a banded pipe.