MAC News 3rd Qtr.

Interesting.

Makes me feel bad that I'm always looking for the cheapest price. A lot of people are working to get these animals to me and I need to be more aware of that and stop complaining about a $20 price tag on a fish. We are privileged to be able to have these tanks. I knew how expensive they were when we started this hobby. How can I be so elitest to think I should be able to obtain these animals at bargain basemenet prices when people lose their lives to try and support their community.

Guest Larry-T

Interesting.

Makes me feel bad that I'm always looking for the cheapest price. A lot of people are working to get these animals to me and I need to be more aware of that and stop complaining about a $20 price tag on a fish. We are privileged to be able to have these tanks. I knew how expensive they were when we started this hobby. How can I be so elitest to think I should be able to obtain these animals at bargain basemenet prices when people lose their lives to try and support their community.

I would like to see the industry concentrate more on culturing fish that are appropriate for aquarium use and try to minimize wild collections.

I would like to see the industry concentrate more on culturing fish that are appropriate for aquarium use and try to minimize wild collections.

I agree. Unfortunately they collect what the consumer is willing to purchase. And at someone else's risk it is more profitable for them to just collect rather than breed.

I think once hobbyists are breeding more types of fish the awareness will be more of an everyday topic. I guess how I imagine it was when corals first started being propogated in the home aquarium.