maroon clownfish info

Guest bill33

Guest bill33

hey, im setting up a 29gallon soon and i want a maroon clown or a yellow stripe maroon clown, what will be compatible with that aggrseive spesies of clown.

thanks

Bill

i have had my gs maroon in with a variety of different fish i ahve never seen it act agressively toward others until i got it a rose bta but even then it only keeps others out of the rose bta

Guest bill33
what size tank do you have he/she in.   i noticed alot of members that have pairs of them. how can you get a pair that wont fight

Guest HVF21221
Maroons are very tricky to pair. You should buy an established pair if you need 2. Trying to pair them yourself will result in returning many to the LFS or death of the smaller one. Another trick the large one uses is to get the smaller to jump out of the tank. I am north of washington and do not see many pairs up here but I know roozens get alot of pairs in at great prices. The last pair of gold stripe maroons I picked up there are awesome. HTH, Howard

I suspect if you start with a very young pair- they will end up compatible.  A well fitting lid would be a good measure though.

Guest bill33

thanks for the replies, will they breed as comon as perculas,occalris,etc in the home aquarium cause this one site was they never have any reports of or breeding in the home aquarium.

thanks

Bill

I don't think thats what Wilkerson's book reports- and the fact that gudgreef is bring some up from his brother's confirms this....  In fact, I believe the fry are some of the easiest to rear.  What site was it?

will a pair/mated pair of gold stripe maroon clowns live ok in a 29 gallon

That's a good question, and I don't know.  Anyone else?

I have been considering moving my pair of GSMs (got a huge female and a male) to my 29 b/c I was considering a pair of true percs, but I don't know if they will be happy in a 29 (they are in my 75 right now...).  Currently the female hosts in the long tentacle and the male hosts in the carpet that he shares with an anem crab.  I'd also hate to take them from their 'homes.'

Guest bill33
ya the true perc will get killed if they were all together

Guest bill33
im gonna put them in a 55gallon, a person at saltwaterfish.com was intereted but backed out