aptasia

peacetypes

It took a while for my butterfly to go to town.  And he was real healthy.  Give it some time, and make sure he is well fed (try frozen mysis).  Razor plade on aptasia?  Whoever told you that must have been playing a cruel joke.  All I can see it doing is making them spread like wildfire.  Couple other options include chemicals (joe's juice, acidic (vinegar)or basic (kalkwasser paste) solutions, boiling water) or peppermint shrimp.  I'd be patient with the CBB though.  FWIW, I do not recommend these fish for everyone- from the reading I have done, it can be very difficult to get them to eat, and they are very sensative to collection/shipping stress.  Marine Scene would be a good place to buy one of these- would be worth the extra $$ IMO.  If you can find one, get one collected from Australia.

I got one thats been in another persons tank, hes fat and eats blood worms, brine, etc.  But im working on the mysis.  And ill have to be patient.

Thanks

Robert

Guest Salty_in_Manassas

I used some Chem-Marin "STOP Aiptasia" that I got from Marine Scene which comes with a hypodermic needle for injection.     I purchased this when I inquired about Kalkwasser treatment--recommended because it supposedly is less likely to shock others in the tank if exposed.

Seemed to work great!  I had about a dozen in relatively small region of a large stone in my 90 gal.  The larger ones were injected--gone by the next day.  The directions say that "Aiptasisas too small to inject may be coated with the product."  Some of the really small ones retreated into the rocks and I did my best to inject into the same cracks.  I didn't see any recurrence until about 6 months later--same region, and only a couple.  I'm retreating now.

Good luck!:)

I had success with injecting very hot water mixed with kalkwasser at the base of the aptasia.

As it curled up I gave it a face full down the center stalk.

I started doing this very soon after I noticed them and long before they got out of control.

Here's a great series of posts about this from the CMAS board awhile back.

Great luck to you.

Chip