Need help with light setting

ohaverd

About 6 months ago I bought a kessel Ap9x which was a significant upgrade from my USA light. However, I’ve got nothing but brown and cyano algae blooms and even coraline algae stopped growing on my glass so I think the settings are jacked. Anyone in the stafford area have a par meter and the time to show me how to dial it in? I will literally pay someone for help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can borrow the club's par meter. Hopefully this will help too. Sounds like you might have a nutrient issue that higher light is now exposing. Have you tested phosphate and nitrates? With algae growing they may test lower since they are being consumed, but still worth testing. What nutrient export methods are you using, and how is the flow in the tank? Might be worth giving us more details about your tank and maybe a picture.

My tests are all coming up good. I think I really just need a par meter to dial this new light in. Ive just had a bad year so far with personal crap so haven’t been able to put the time needed to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are your current settings?  Agree that a PAR meter is best (one day I'll give that a shot as well) but getting in the ballpark is a good idea.  I have an AP9X as well and my peak is only 38% with the light about 12 inches off the water and a 12 hour photoperiod.  My peak uses 15% violet which I hear also raises the PAR a fair amount.  I tried running in the low 40s and even up to 50%, but I have a toadstool frag that doesn't like much more than that.