Using this now

treesprite

IMG_20220704_232917925_HDR.thumb.jpg.4473bcab005090950af26f2c0a5529f0.jpg

When I emptied out the 75, I crammed most of the liverock into the 50g sump tank, which already had some rocks in it. I have next to nothing in corals now, but had to put them in something and wanted to use a drilled tank so I could plumb to the sump. All I had already drilled was a little 16H, so into that I crammed whatever pieces of liverock had mushrooms on them.  I ended up not getting the plumbing done because of no time. Then I decided to dig the 29 out of the closet, which I wasn't going to use because I don't know if it's tempered or not to be able to drill it.

I decided to use the 29 without being drilled. I McGuyvered a wall to make an all-in-one, by siliconing together couple of little pieces of glass that were still around from a random dismantled little tank. I had to put the wall at a weird angle to fit, so in front it's 4" and in back is 8.5", but it worked out better for arranging rock than a straight front-to-back wall would have worked.

The sand in the sump section, is the top inch from the 75 (I kept just enough water in the 75 to keep the sand alive). Now I need some macros - I was gonna post in FS board, to ask if anyone has some, but I don't have time to pick up, so I might order some from eBay - has anyone ever ordered from those vendors? What macro that isn't green grows fast? It will be visible, so I need something that isn't ugly.

My goal is just to keep what I still have alive from dying, and mostly I want my duncan to come back. I had a beautiful colony and two nice mini colonies, but now I just have 2 sad  heads surrounded by skeleton heads. Aside from the Duncan, there are just some mushrooms, a few pieces of euphyllia, a very tiny patch of orange monti, 4 snails, and one hermit crab. Maybe after I have some macros growing, I'll put something else in the tank.