Biopellets, Refugium, and GFO?

Adamsapple12

I want to try out a different way to lower my nitrates and phosphates while coloring up my acros. Right now I use GFO, a small refugium, a Reef Octopus 202-S skimmer, and a plate of marinepure bio media. My phosphates and nitrates are somewhat low as it is - 0.50 ppm Nitrates, and .03 ppm Phosphates. I do large water changes every week and want to reduce how often I do them. I also want to color up my acros more as they are a bit pale. 

Would you guys recommend switching to a biopellet reactor? I already have an AquaMaxx one laying around that works pretty well. I tried it once before but got a crap load of white slimey biomass all over my tank (even when i directed it towards the intake of the skimmer). However, I am just a little confused on how to maintain a biopellet reactor from all of the articles and forums I am reading. Would I want to dose vodka as well if my phosphates and nitrates get too low? Also what color program should I use as I use a biopellet reactor? And if I did switch to a biopellet reactor would I continue to run GFO and my refugium? 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Are you trying to take your refuge apart and stop using gfo? Are you trying to get different results in your coral color? I wouldn't change anything if your nutrients are where you say. That's perfect in my book.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk