Help wanted for making prototypes of a new algae scrubber design

arintel

Hello Everyone,

Two years ago, I came up with a new design for the algae scrubber that has a potential to provide much better efficiency than that of existing designs (e.g., waterfall, upflow) while in a very compact and easy to use form factor like a canister filter (i.e., silent, splash-proof, low-maintenance) that can be used without a sump. I created a proof of concept and it worked very well.

Since then, I was able to find an investor to create a startup and we filed an international non-provisional patent application. We also got a couple of mechanical engineers to join the venture and help create a complete 3D model of the design. We are now trying to produce a few tens of prototypes using 3D printers to give to beta testers for feedback before we proceed to finalize the design for molding and mass-production.

For the production of these prototypes, we are now looking for a contractor in the Washington DC area to help with the preparing and assembling of parts, including some simple painting, gluing, cutting, etc. for each prototype. You may also get to work with the 3D printers. Initially, we will pay you an hourly wage. If we work well together, you are welcome to join the venture for shares since we will definitely need more help to execute the business later on.

If you are a long-time hobbyist who has experience in DIY aquarium-related projects and is interested in this work, please contact me at arintel@gmail.com. Or if you know somebody who is, please refer them to this post.

Thank you very much,

Binh