Starting QT

jon_703

So I'm getting ready to QT two of my fish. What kind of maintenance do I need to run on my QT. It's my first time so as much as detail as possible would help.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

That guide looks pretty solid. I have a 40 breeder with 40g sump so maybe 60 gallons on my qt. I got the 40 at a petco sale and drilled it. It has a drain near lower part of tank. Turn Knob and I can drain into sump down to easily 90% of the water if I really wanted. I have a manifold on both my display and qt tanks that allows me to pump water out through a hose.

Pretty much every weekend I have something in qt I do 20g quick drain (33%) on qt and then quick fill of 20g from display. The display is 210g and is hard plumbed to mixing station so fresh saltwater goes into display and then display to qt. if I'm having to run copper in qt I test the copper level at water change and add more.

I skim my qt and also have marine pure blocks in the sumps. Only 1 in qt. that way if I ever have to bleach down qt and start over I can just toss the marine pure block from qt and replace it with one from display and put a new one in display and basically have instant bio filter. Each marine pure block is supposed to be good for 100g

Nathan

Edited by n8n