Ziggy's 40B Build and Rebuild 2.0

Ziggy953

The title of my thread is a little odd so let me explain.

I have been in this hobby since 2006.  I started with a 72g Bow and upgraded to a 120.  Some of you may or may not remember me from those days. My thread is still floating around on here if you care to look it up.  As the result of a divorce I lost the 120 and most everything that was in it.  I managed to hang on to some of the equipment over the years and a friend of mine took a large portion of the rock from my system and kept it for me for years.

2 years ago I decided it was time to get back in the SW hobby and picked up a 40g Breeder. I live in an apartment now and don't have the room for a large system.  

What I'm going to do is walk you through the original build of my 40g system.  I had to take it down a few months ago for a complete remodel of my apartment.  I have since set the system back up and am in the process of stocking it again.

With all of that said lets begin the journey that started in 2012:

When I set this system up to begin with I decided that I would build a custom cabinet (pics to follow of the process), custom LED lighting (pics to follow) and custom sump.   This is a small system and really not all that complex. 

Quick run down of my tank/equipment:

40B - Drilled with overflow installed (custom - Ziggy drilled)
Mag5 return
Dual MP10s
Euro Reef RS80 Skimmer
RKE - All the bells and whistles
Custom sump w/fuge (20g Long)
Custom LED Lighting - RKE Controlled 42 3w Crees
Custom built stand (Ziggy Built)
Roughly 60lbs of LR
40-50lbs of sand
Custom ATO (nothing special - RKE Controlled)

So the beginnings of the stand through completion:

Current dimensions are going to be as follows:

Stand:

40x24x40 (LWH)

Canopy:

40x24x12 (LWH)

002zep.jpg

003ywf.jpg
008dne.jpg
010jj.jpg
014xip.jpg
017dap.jpg
008udr.jpg
010cuc.jpg
017ey.jpg

(edited)

Sump with fuge, rock in the tank and lights on.  At this point the tank was still cycling.  The rock had been in a tote for a couple months and was ready for the tank.  I had the skimmer a heater and pumps to move the water in the tote so the rock was well cured before it went into the tank.

005ed.jpg
004vaq.jpg
032fmc.jpg
020cvi.jpg
Edited by Ziggy953

Wow...great start!

Haha thank you. You jumped in during the beginning stages of the first setup of this system. I'm still back in 2012 with the journey.  It gets better then worse and starts all over again!