Clown Wars!

Tracy G

So I have had these clowns for about 2 years and the female (much bigger) is getting beat on.  They have always been together and have shown no sign's of agreesion towards each other but now this.  Could the male be going female?   

Pull the aggressor out for a week and re-introduce him. Sometimes couples fight, and sometimes they need a vacation. I doubt they are both becoming females, but it's possible.

Edited by Ben A

• 8 months later...

A very old post but wanted to give an update. The clown wars was then swapping sex's as the one that was the male is now the female. Similar in size because of the change over but I know it's the female because they are now laying eggs. Are on their 3rd batch and seem very happy. I let them work out their differences and now are a happy couple. Very cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same thing here. My female is the queen in my tank. The other clowns just hiding and only came out to eat at the feeding time. After a big fight, I thought I have lost a male clown since it did not come out at the meal time for couple days. And one day, i saw them swimming and sleeping together. Still have not laying eggs yet but I think they will be soon.