zoos and cyno

Guest alex wlazlak

Guest alex wlazlak

so ive recently gotten some cyno, and tried to syphon it out. i got most of it off the gravel, but theres a little bit still in my rocks. the cyno is probly from my old lights that were way past due for a change.. a few weeks before i changed my lights, my zoos spread and made 3 new heads. now the keep growing and there have been probly like 6-7 new heads up over a year and a half, thats all that they have spread. now since i have cyno, why are my zoos spreading??? i dont get it. doesnt bad water=cyno/algea growth, which i have both, but my zoos are spreading... whats goin on?

The cyno is thriving off nutrients and phosphate. Since these things are being taken away the zoos are enjoieng the reduced levels

just a thery

Guest alex wlazlak

i like that theory. but should i still try to get rid of the cyno? ive also been doing water changes alot more now too.

Guest minimalist

Do try and rid yourself of the cyano. It could be that the zoanthid growth and the presence of cyanobacteria is nothing more than a coinsidence.

To combat the cyano, reduce your feeding, reduce your photoperiod, use RO/DI water, and perform water changes a bit more often. If you're strict with the regiment, you'll conquer it in weeks. Also, try to ensure there are no "dead spots" in your water column.

Guest alex wlazlak

thtas what it is. the dead spots were where it was/is. im gonna pick up another PH somtime and set it in.