seanoli's CAD Lights Mini II 8G Build

• 2 weeks later...

I'd try to form a nozzle extension with some cocktail straws or drinking straws if its not too viscous. And jam into place with either a small plastic putty knife or a wooden spatula with a flat edge and sharp corners, if you have one. It won't be pretty... 

Excellent idea. I'm also thinking about some sort of underwater tape. I just need to force the flow over the wall that separates the pump section.

I came back from Ireland yesterday to a massive stack of packages! Good times. I received my AquaticLife RO w/ DI cannister:

IMG 0763

IMG 0764

I also received the laser cut acrylic I ordered from Ponoko to create the media basket I showed in my initial post.

Planned media basket.

Here's the acrylic sheet showing the cuts.

IMG 0765

Pieces with protective film removed.

IMG 0766

I assembled them with Weldon 4.

IMG 0767

IMG 0768

IMG 0769

IMG 0771

I also created an adjustable flow director to ensure after from the display section doesn't just dribble down behind the dividing wall. I split a piece of airline hose to create the seal when it's in place.

IMG 0770

It looks like I'm almost at the end of the cycle and should be adding livestock relatively soon. Good times.

Hurry up and order your radion (if you're going that route) cuz the ecotech sale ends tmw

Looks like I've missed out on that one. Not a big deal.

Cycle is done. Yippee! I'd like to start getting some "beginner" corals going but I have a few questions. First, which species should I go with? I'm thinking zoas, mushrooms, leathers. Thoughts?

Q2. Given the size of my tank, what are the realistic spacing requirements I'd need to keep zoas?

Q3. What should I be testing my water for, and should I dose with anything to keep these guys happy?

Thanks for everyone's help.