Dolabella Sea Hare & Sheet Seaweed

blueribbon

Well, have sea hare (about 1 inch in diameter & 3 inches long) in tank (38 nano cube) which has done a good job in cleaning the green hair algae.  Want him/her hanging around a while just in case any algae comes back, so the suggestion was to feed "him" with sheet seaweed.  Quartered a sheet, and folded it up, and rubber banded it to a piece of coral, and put it on the bottom under and behind a rock which should be well out of the tank current, yet in less than a day, it is slowly coming apart (and the sea hare hasn't even had a bite, but the shrimp and some fish really like it) and is swirling in the tank, and I assume making a mess of the floss portion of my filtration system.

Two questions:  Any suggestion on how to stop the seaweed from coming apart and just making the water awful looking?

Or, what else may sink to the bottom that the sea hare would eat?  I don't want "him" from starting to death.

Do you personally own a sea hare?  In main tank? or sump?

Thanks for help!

I had one recently, he was in my frag tank and did an awesome job one the hair algae. I tried the seaweed sheets a couple of times and he never showed an interest. I was going to eventually put him in our sump tank, but he unfortunately passed away.