Best Titanium Heater?

sen5241b

Yesterday someone I know kindly fed my corals then drove from Arlington to New York leaving the flow turned off. By a wild stroke of luck I just happened to come home from work a little early. Temp dropped 5F then rose back up over the course of 8 hours. My current titanium heater is covered with thick coralline, worm shells and is buried under rocks and has no external dial so it was almost impossible to lower the temp and raise it up slowly.

Finnex, comes with an expensive controller. Viaqua with easy set LED temp read out. Catalina with easy to use dial. All the same?

Someone on this board suggested running 2 low watt heaters to prevent a bad thermostat from cooking your tank. Good idea?

8 hours for 5 degrees is sloooow to me IMHO. Mine will add a degree every half hour on 350 gallons topless. I have 2x 250w and a 150w for 650w total or just shy of 2w per gallon for your reference. I run all dial type heaters. One is a Jäger and the other two are I think viaqua's run by the Apex. Dials are set on 78 in case for some unlikely event the apex or EB8 goes stupid. I have things growing all over my heaters also. I don't think it causes any harm or reduced performance.