Thanks, Wamas

squiddly

Hi Wamas Folk.  It's been several months since my last confession....I mean post.  I'm writing today because I realized that if I hadn't been reading the forums over the past few years, I would have panicked and likely lost my tank.  Instead, I'm cautiously optimistic.  My husband told me we had a small leak in my little Aquapod, I looked, things seemed ok, so I went back to all the stuff I had to do, stupidly NOT checking parameters.  

My BTA that I'd been having so much trouble with a few months back had split and so I figured that was why he wasn't looking too great before.  After the split, both pieces looked quite nice.  Looked at him today and he didn't look so happy, so I ran some tests.  Everything was ok except salinity.  That was WAY LOW because stupid me hadn't remembered that the top off diluted the tank so badly.  Apparently, the leak wasn't so small after all.

While I'm not sure if my polyps or the BTA(s) will survive, the fish look like they're going to be ok.  Always learning another lesson.