Reefbox's 60 Cube

So, after 6 months of having this tank sitting around, I finally got around to begin plumbing it.

I've been keeping reef tanks since 2004, but i've never really had a dedicated "display" .

So here goes! I'll post up pictures of the tank, sump and ato to give people an Idea of what i'm working with.

I LOVE my LPS and Zoanthids, so this tank will mostly consists of those and a couple different strains of tough sps who

don't mind being in with "softer" coral. I've come across some pretty crazy sps and corals in general, and i'm focusing on a system dedicated to them, So heres a list of my overall plan for System filtration / etc.

lighting: Radion XR30 -TIR Gen1 ( Soon to be upgraded to either G2 or Pro )

Water flow- Since I decided to go with 3/4" acrylic, I am forced to get a pump made for systems that are at least 180 gallons due to the wall thickness! - Vortech MP40 or 60 / Possibly even Tunze Streams, Haven't Decided yet, but I'm open to Suggestions.

GFO/ Media reactors. - This is something that i've seen in different forms etc. I believe that not two tanks are EXACTLY alike in their needs or filtration, After many years of doing this and working at Local Aquarium Shops, I've learned that Reef keeping isn't an exact science. What works for one person, may not necessarily work in the same manner for someone else. Too Many Variables!

From what I've seen, there is one particular shop that uses a combination of Refigium, Bio-Pellets, "Sea-Gel" , Skimming, Rowaphos and water-changes to maintain some pretty amazing tanks. I've also seen friend's tanks who only employ Skimming & Water-Changes.. So it all depends on your tank. Since i like to feed my corals alot. I'll be running GFO and bio-pellets along with Skimming.

-Filtration- Rowaphos/ Bio-pellets and a Reef Octopus Skimmer. -Reef Devil 160XSS

- Stay Tuned!

• 2 weeks later...

I got a Deep Blue 24X24 stand for my 3/4" Reefy Savvy 60 Gal rimless and have been using for 3 months now. Salt creep is a problem for me and I have door hinges already rusted. I too am a little worried on how long the stand will last. I have been reading a lot of stand building lately and have decided to build one by myself with more room to house equipment (48X26X31). Right now I have two 10 gal tanks serving as a combo sump designed by the Quantum Reef guys. For my pump, I am using the MP40 and is plenty for my tank. If you have time, I would recommend getting a bigger stand.