Baltimore Aquarium Anemone Question

SaltLife

I'm still new to the area and finally had a chance to check out the aquarium. It was definitely amazing some of the sites and specimens that they had. Although I have a question about one of their tanks that I'm sure someone here would know the answer to (I hope!). They had one tank that had clown fish, Hippo tang, yellow tang, and a few long tentacle anemones. There was one anemone far in the back that was HUGE, what type of anemone was that? It literally looked like it must be at least a 1' in diameter. I didn't think long tentacle anemones got that big.

On a side note i was a little disappointed with their anemone only tank. The tank lacked and kind of flow and nearly every anemone either had its mouth completely swollen or it was deflated. Am i wrong to think that these anemones were not in good shape?

If it is the same one I saw this summer it was a HUGE bubble tip that had lost it's "bubbles".There is one tank with very large green , white, and red anemones that is a cold water tank. Is this the one you are talking about??

Yes sir thats the color they were, cold water? wow must have missed that detail on that tank. Sorry i do not have pics of it, big mistake on my part.

SmallReef when you go you will know exactly what tank I'm talking about haha.

Edited by SaltLife

I think that is how they look all the time. Every time I've been there they looked the same.