Frogsprawn And Hammer not fully open

reef addict

The first and last pics look like those heads have been retracted for a while. It's been like that long enough for algae to start growing on the skeleton. Is there anything bothering it or was it damaged in transit? How long have you had them? Have they ever been fully open in your tank? The good news is if there is flesh separation between the heads the other heads should be fine and the other ones might die off. If they all share the same flesh and there is no bare skeleton separating the two, whatever is bothering one head might spread to the others.

I have them for at least 4months now. 1head been retracted at least more than a month now. Is there anything that i can do to save it?

It might be too late. But at least it's just one of the heads and not the whole colony. Do you see anything around it bothering it? If it were another coral that was too close it could come back once you remove the aggressor. However, it doesn't look like there's anything around it. Look closely around the flesh and skeleton to see if there's any algae (bubble, hair, etc) ground too close. Do you see a fish hanging out that area all the time? There are a lot of things that could cause it to retract and eventually die off.

I just recently moved it to that placed, but even from the previous spot, no coral that close to it. I don't see any algae nor bubble. What about my bubble (see below) it was retracted for 2months then came back for more than a month, fully open. Now its been like that for over a month now. Should i take it out or leave it? post-2633203-136003140606_thumb.jpg

I just recently moved it to that placed, but even from the previous spot, no coral that close to it. I don't see any algae nor bubble. What about my bubble (see below) it was retracted for 2months then came back for more than a month, fully open. Now its been like that for over a month now. Should i take it out or leave it? post-2633203-136003140606_thumb.jpg

Bubble looks very dead. Did it look like that before and come back?

Not like that. If it is dead, should i remove it or leave it? By the way, where is ur location? Do u carry lots of coral selection and fish?

If you see a lot of flesh left on it I would take it out. The coral flesh is mostly water but in a small tank you want to avoid ammonia when at all possible. If you take it out you can scrape off whatever flesh is left and put it back in the tank and then it will be live rock :). If there looks like there's almost no flesh left then I would just leave it in the tank maybe moved it to the back or glue a zoa frag to it and let them grow all over it. Good way to recycle a dead coral.

We are located in Manassas, VA. We have A LOT of corals. Hundreds of beautiful frags and lots of colonies. We have a few fish right now (Picasso Clowns) and will have much more once our fish system is built.

Edited by Incredible Corals

Million thanks!! Been in this hobby for over a year now, but still consider my self a rookie. I'm in maryland side. I may visit your site one of this day. Are you attending d meeting this saturday?

Million thanks!! Been in this hobby for over a year now, but still consider my self a rookie. I'm in maryland side. I may visit your site one of this day. Are you attending d meeting this saturday?

Sure are! We will have lots of corals there :)