MRC parts?

corsi1330

Call Avast - Dan had some templates before for replacement parts for various other brands. Otherwise check with the different shops - they may be able to order them.

When you say top, by the way, which part exactly? If it's just a skimmer cup lid, that's pretty basic and could probably be fabricated based on the diameter of the cup itself and thickness of the acrylic. If it's the cup itself, it might be dependent on the connection.

Call Avast - Dan had some templates before for replacement parts for various other brands. Otherwise check with the different shops - they may be able to order them.

When you say top, by the way, which part exactly? If it's just a skimmer cup lid, that's pretty basic and could probably be fabricated based on the diameter of the cup itself and thickness of the acrylic. If it's the cup itself, it might be dependent on the connection.

No, it is the top to my dual calcium reactor not a skimmer. I called MRC and they just gave me a list of some vendors to order it from. So far everyone that I have called seems clueless or wants me to bring in the part. You would think MRC would stand behind their products and handle replacments in house?

Duh... not sure how I missed that part about it being a CA reactor. What's in the top you have and how is it constructed? I think MRC stopped selling individually before and now sells only wholesale, but can't be sure. Still may be able to get parts from Dan, but you an also probably make it yourself. Is it just a lid? If so, your o-ring should be able to create a seal very easily with a flat surface and you can tap holes in the rest of it to add JG fittings for the tubing. Take a picture of what's broken (top and bottom) so it can be assessed.

yeah....MRC, in my opinion, is not very customer service friendly! I have one of their products too, happends to be a dual chamber calcium reactor....I am having problems with the effluent staying steady, I dont get any good answers to why from them. Good Luck.

We should be able to order MRC parts, I believe we have done this in the past for other customers (OEM lids for swabbies). Shoot Justin a PM since he was the one who handled that account in the past.

yeah....MRC, in my opinion, is not very customer service friendly! I have one of their products too, happends to be a dual chamber calcium reactor....I am having problems with the effluent staying steady, I dont get any good answers to why from them. Good Luck.

What feed pump are you using? My guess is your problem is there assuming your output lines and valve are clean.

I am feeding it with a MJ 1200 Cobalt powerhead. The lines were brand new and a brand new pump when I installed it....it has never been steady! I have changed the pump also, and still the same results. Any help would be great!

My opinion is that feed input line is too large. Try putting a valve on there, or restricting the flow from the mj1200. If you have some 1/4" od ro tubing you can tape the outside of it until it fits snug inside the 1/2" id tubing and make a cheapo restrictor to try it out.

I put a vavle between the powerhead an the input of the reactor before...still inconsistant effluent! I am very frustrated with it to say the least! My alk is swinging and stressing my tank!

I just did that 3 days ago....still the same result! It has to be the pump......it's the only thing.....???

I think the input flow is inconsistant. This is exagerated at the output where you have the final restriction. Does it slowly taper off after a few days or does it surge?

• 2 weeks later...

I am usign a PH controller (apex) and the effulent will stay steady for about 1hr after setting it....For examle I set it Tuesday night at 9pm and Wednesday morning it was 1/2 of what I set it at...doesnt surge, just tappers off. Thanks for any suggestions.

When it tapers off does it stay consistent? Or does it just keep tapering off? Honestly, I am out of ideas and not exactly the best choice for troubleshooting a competitors product, if this was any other board but WAMAS I would tell you to sell it and buy an AVAST unit :)

I really would follow up with MRC on the issue though, since it seems like you really have tried everything, maybe they can pinpoint the issue.

I have left 2 msg's for MRC....thier customer service.....well lets just say, leaves alot of room for improvement!