Does anybody do woodwork or recommend ..

Guest jamjam_77

Guest jamjam_77

I need to trim about a 1/4 inch off a side piece of my stand. The piece is about 1 1/2 ft long, 1 inch thick, and about 6 inches wide. I need to trim the 1 inch side to be 3/4 inch so that I can fit my tank in the stand. Does anybody handy enough or do you know anywhere I can take it to get done. The top piece off the stand comes off, which is where that piece is, and that piece that needs to be trimmed is connected to that top piece :huh: . Before I start banging away at it I thought I'd ask before I regret doing any damage to myself or the top piece of my stand. :unsure: Somebody help me!!!!!

I need to trim about a 1/4 inch off a side piece of my stand. The piece is about 1 1/2 ft long, 1 inch thick, and about 6 inches wide. I need to trim the 1 inch side to be 3/4 inch so that I can fit my tank in the stand. Does anybody handy enough or do you know anywhere I can take it to get done. The top piece off the stand comes off, which is where that piece is, and that piece that needs to be trimmed is connected to that top piece  :huh: . Before I start banging away at it I thought I'd ask before I regret doing any damage to myself or the top piece of my stand.  :unsure:  Somebody help me!!!!!

38835[/snapback]

i got table saw. if you need let me know

Shuo-Fu

Guest vdhillon2

you can go to home depot and they'll cut a piece of wood for like $.25 per cut. But you would be better off looking up in the Yellow pages under Lumber and find out someone that does milling...they are pros and do a really good job, any job..but are a little more$$$

Guest jamjam_77

thanks to those who responded, I ended up just sanding the sides down with a sander and it did the trick.