Grounding prob and GFI

NYfan78

Hey everyone one. i currently use a GFI cord since i rent my place. When it trips i ussually dont find out till i am home at night which is sometimes somedays. So when the GFI trips ussually for the electric flickering fo rwhatever reason it doesnt turn back on, i have to do it manually. My quest is using a grounding probe the same thing in regard of drawing elctricity in the water if something shorts?

I would isolate whatever is tripping the GFI...

agree, the GFI should not be tripping regularly. The only reasons it should trip is something is faulty and causing it to trip or your GFI is worn out. I replace GFI every year or two or when something like this happens. you dont want your GFI to trip unless there is a problem, or else you could have your tank crash without power for that long.

I dont use a grounding probe, never will. Many people debate the use of them. I think having a GFI is sufficient along with regularly checking for stray voltage. I usually check for stray voltage before every water change.

The GFI only trips when the electric goes out. never had any iddies with stray voltage so far.