Sump Baffle Question

RicSG

how hard it is to add a third baffle on a sump. if someone can add one how much for it. The only problem the sump is in use but i can always try and take it our for few days.

Yes I need a water tight baffle. I think i will ask Adam from Artfully Acrylic and how much will he charge me for this.

I got your PM Ric, but still also need some further info now that I see your thread. Is the sump glass or acrylic?

If the sump is glass and you are siliconing in the baffle then I can cut the baffle and you can install with proper silicone. Yes, the area where it is going will have to be completely dry...and will need to stay that way for a few days while the silicone cures.

If the sump is acrylic then you would be best served by bringing me the sump when I have the baffle ready. Then I can just solvent weld it in. The sump will need to cure for about 48 hours ideally before you put water back in if the baffle will have equal water level on each side. If water levels differ then I would recommend 72 hours to be safe in that case. The other element for this scenario that I would need to know is if the sump has a bow to it. If the sump was well underbuilt and has a bow this can complicate the new baffle install being watertight and would then require me to have the sump in shop for a lengthier time if you want it solvent welded in.