Portland III Cement Purchase

Guest Tomsimtim

Guest Tomsimtim

Hey guys,

Your brothers and sisters in CMAS are trying to put together a volume purchase of Portland III Cement. The vendor requires us to buy a full pallet of 40QTY 80lb bags. Here is the thread from the CMAS site. Walt is the gentleman incharge, screen name WDLV. Maybe someone could host a rock making party for WAMAS???

CMAS-Portland III Cement Thread

Thanks,

Tim

Edited by Tomsimtim

Tim,

Save your money, please! :blink:

If your building a house, I say go for it! SERIOUSLY!

If your making your own Live Rock, go to the Local HD, Grab 1 - ONE- UNO-SINGLE Bag, which it only comes in 80# sizes and split with a couple of guys.

You mix 5 parts Aragonite to 1 part Portland Cement, mold, let dry and then cure in running water over a 2 month period....THAT'S IT!

Howard

Hello WAMAS!

Ken is correct. Neither I nor anyone I have communicated with up here has been able to find the Type III White Portland Cement. Some have looked for months. One guy has relatives that work for Lehigh Cement in PA and still can't get it.

I am aware that it is relatively easy to find Type III Grey and Type II White, but this is to me and some others not as desirable. The Grey isn't as nice looking and the type II White isn't low alkalinity.

If someone knows a source for this product that does not involve driving all over creation or wants to buy a bag from our joint purchase, please feel free to post on the CMAS link that Tim provided above.

Happy reefkeeping!

Walt

Tim,

Thanks for posting the link.