90 gallon upgrade

wvreef

Ok I am in the process of upgrading my wifes 46 gallon bow to a 90 gallon....I will be posting all of my build on this so bear with me this might take some time to complete....I will be drilling the 90 and installing a 1500gph kit from glass holes for my sump...I will also be building my own stand for this as well....so any advise you can give me would be great as i am not sure of the sump size and what all i am going to do yet..... :eek:

Ok I have got the stand shell finished...going in the am to get my wood to finish the outside wil post some pictures of the shell...

well it is not much but I think it will hold my wifes 90 gallon tank up...

all 2x4 on the floor with two 2x4 nailed together to make an L shape on all four corners, top consists of 2x8 syp this will allow me around 30 inches under the stand for my skimmer and sump....

I will be using t&g pine wood for the floor where the sump will go and the outsides of the stand as well...will be getting cabinet doors for the front of the stand...

post-2632927-13246898685_thumb.jpg

yea I have thought about that...I think I am going with the hpdm liner for ponds, will bring it up 3 incheson the inside to keep the water in in case it does leak

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I went today and picked up my wifes glass-holes 1500 overflow kit at a heck of a deal, (just missing the shirt and candy :ohmy: ) so when I got home I could not wait to drill the holes in the tank so I made a few videos of me drilling the tank, now if i can figure how to put them on here....

well it says they r too large maybe someone can give me a clue as how to upload them on here....I used my laptop web cam to make the videos....

thanks for the info...now I just have to wait for them to upload.... :lol2:

Ok I must be doing something wrong went thru you tube and it says it will take 400 minutes to download my video....there has to be a faster way to post or upload a video

Ok so I was unable to upload to you tube....so I took some pictures of the tank getting ready to be painted in the back...will be a gloss blue on the back....what the wife wants so she shall have.... :blink:

post-2632927-132607251946_thumb.jpg

post-2632927-132607252475_thumb.jpg

400 minutes?!!!

How long is the video? Not the entire drilling... is it? lol

Were you able to lay it on its side while you drilled?

the videos are like 5-10 min each

yea I drilled it on its side...

well here is the tank setting in its new place on the stand....I will be completing the stand in the next week....this is going to be a slow build

post-2632927-132655338065_thumb.jpg

Ok so I have been working on the wifes 90 gallon tank some more.... I have the HPDMI liner in and in place, have also started to install the wood for the outside of the stand....I test fitted the doors to make sure they would work....

post-2632927-132667653428_thumb.jpg

post-2632927-132667653912_thumb.jpg

post-2632927-132667654431_thumb.jpg

Ok so I finished putting the wood on the stand and got the syain on today....will be putting the poly on tomorrow and get a picture up when it is done.... working on it slowly but surley....might have it done by summer :lol2:

post-2632927-132693402018_thumb.jpg