Stay away from justrarefish.com / marineaquatics

Guest ScubaTodd

Guest ScubaTodd

I recently ordered a golden dwarf moray (my centerpeice/dream fish) from this place, because they were the only online vendor I could find that had some in stock. Price online = 169.99$. Amount billed to my credit card = 250$.... So I call and say, what the H-E-double hocky sticks, shipping was 70$? He says no, it was like 40. I say ok.... he says well the eel was 200$. I say your website says it was 169... He says I'll call you back, bye.

Couple hours later, he calls me back and says ok, it says 169. "I'll give you 20$ refund". I say 199.99-169.99 = 30$. He then says, well I didnt charge you a box charge and now I'm going to. I say, that doesnt make sense. He says "Whatever". "You are getting a ridiculous deal on this fish". Which brings me to point two.

"Hello"

"Hi, I'd like to order a GDM. You have the dark yellow one pictured on your website in stock"

"They come in different colors"

"I want a yellow one, can you look"

"Yup, We got that"

"Its really dark yellow?"

"Yeah"

"Ok"

Not only was this guy/owner incredibly rude and unprofessional on the phone, but then the eel arrives. Its white, brown, with what look like red lesions on its body. Not even a hint of yellow.

So I tell him look, this eel is worth 60$. He says no, its worth the same as a yellow one. Anyway, long story short, stay away from this place at all costs. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions about my experience with them.

www.justrarefish.com

www.marineaquatics.net

Guest HVF21221

I had a totally different experience. My order from there was the first time ordering fish through mail order. I spoke with the owner several times and was completely happy with the transaction from start to finish. I was a little concerned because it was my first time ordering through the mail and the most money I have ever spent on fish. Couple hundred dollars for a pair of fish. A couple of things I did differently though was to ask about shipping price, and box charge price, then confirmed the total price. Also since I was shelling out a couple hundred bucks I had him send me an actual photo of the pair, I wanted to be sure of what I was getting. I would consider ordering again but hearing this I would go through the same routine I did last time to make sure there is no problem with the total price.

Guest ScubaTodd
I had a totally different experience. My order from there was the first time ordering fish through mail order. I spoke with the owner several times and was completely happy with the transaction from start to finish. I was a little concerned because it was my first time ordering through the mail and the most money I have ever spent on fish. Couple hundred dollars for a pair of fish. A couple of things I did differently though was to ask about shipping price, and box charge price, then confirmed the total price. Also since I was shelling out a couple hundred bucks I had him send me an actual photo of the pair, I wanted to be sure of what I was getting. I would consider ordering again but hearing this I would go through the same routine I did last time to make sure there is no problem with the total price.

29565[/snapback]

Yeah, I suppose I was nieve. I've ordered mail order about 10 times in the past (used to live in Maine nowhere near a decent lfs) and have never had a problem even remotely close to this. The guy didn't even enclose or send a receipt. He was so rude and unpersonable, I figured there was no chance of him sending me a pic, especially when he seemed pretty put out after I asked him if he could look at the fish to make sure it was yellow. I've started a similar discussion on RC and it seems its really hit or miss with this guy. Some postive, some extremely negative.

Yeah,  I suppose I was nieve.  I've ordered mail order about 10 times in the past (used to live in Maine nowhere near a decent lfs) and have never had a problem even remotely close to this.  The guy didn't even enclose or send a receipt.  He was so rude and unpersonable, I figured there was no chance of him sending me a pic, especially when he seemed pretty put out after I asked him if he could look at the fish to make sure it was yellow.  I've started a similar discussion on RC and it seems its really hit or miss with this guy.  Some postive, some extremely negative.

29577[/snapback]

If you provide contact info and order info, I would be more than happy to register my feelings about this with the owner/operator. Maybe pressure from enough different people would make them consider doing the right thing.

Steve