Emptying a Tank

Guest mikesroth

Guest mikesroth

I have been wondering about this for a while, and maybe someone can explain it to me. I always see people talking about testing their plumbing on their systems when they first set them up. They always seem to use tap water, very understandable, for the check. My questin is, How do you get all of the water back out of the tank?

I have a 90g that I got used, and I need to test out the plumbing after I get it setup, and the tank could use a scrubing, maybe with some vinegar to get rid of some of the old stuff on the glass. I am not sure of how to make sure I haev all the old tap water out before I start filling it up with the "Good Water".

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!!

Siphon as much as possible & then tilt the tank so that you can siphon most of the remaining.......then towel/sponge out the remainder?

(of course what do I know :lol: I've been testing the pumbing using RO water)

Siphon as much as possible & then tilt the tank so that you can siphon most of the remaining.......then towel/sponge out the remainder?

(of course what do I know  :lol: I've been testing the pumbing using RO water)

28232[/snapback]

towel and rags. With the size of the tank the small amount left is not an issue.

Guest mightymouse

if you have one a python gravel cleaner would be the best way to dain it drains straight to your sink and is very fast