Glad to find!

ortegah

Just wanted to say hello. My name is Heather and me and my husband started a 55g SW tank about 8 months ago. I'm blown away after reading here and finding out that there actually are LFS's around that sell rock for less than $7847378758374 a pound! ha

I'm in Baltimore, Maryland and we've gone to Exotic Aquatics-perring pkwy(most expensive rock by far!), House of Tropicals-Glen Burnie, Aquarium Center-Randalstown and That Pet/Fish Place-Lancaster, PA. Now I see from reading that I can go to Dr. Macs to get rock cheap. Definitely gonna have to check that out when we start our 90g soon! As of now I have 80+ lbs of LR in our 55g but it still looks empty to me.

Anyhow, hello! I'm not the only woman around here am I? hehe

Welcome, and no I don't think so....though one would think that there aren't any women in WAMAS at times  :lol:

28141[/snapback]

No Heather, you are not the only female. LOL

28142[/snapback]

Oh goodie! hehe

The Reef Tank in Virginia has pretty decent prices for live rock.

-Fiji and Tonga Live Rock

$3.99/lb

50+ lbs $3.79/lb

100+ lbs $3.49/lb

-Mohsin

Roozens have decent rock.  I think its 5.50/lb.  Call and ask when the rock shipment arrives and pick it up the same day.  I have actually offloaded a box that I wanted. 

YMMV

28152[/snapback]

Where are they located?

The Reef Tank in Virginia has pretty decent prices for live rock.

-Fiji and Tonga Live Rock

$3.99/lb

50+ lbs $3.79/lb

100+ lbs $3.49/lb

-Mohsin

28154[/snapback]

Yeah I was looking at their site. I'm considering stopping there on our way home from vacation next week. Thanks!

Guest RED DOG

I can help you out. :D I will make you a deal you can't refuse. :D I can fill the 55, and give a real good start on the 90, with corals, rock and fish. What else might you need? sumps, filters, overflows? Maybe a 275gal? ;)

I can help you out. :D I will make you a deal you can't refuse. :D  I can fill the 55, and give a real good start on the 90, with corals, rock and fish. What else might you need? sumps, filters, overflows? Maybe a 275gal? ;)

28183[/snapback]

Well my 55 is pretty full where fish are concerned(overfull by some standards) and I'm not ready to buy the 90g yet. That'll be in the next few months ;)

What kind of corals do you have available? I can't keep sps as I only have 260w pcs over my 55g

Guest tgallo

Welcome to the club heather. Dr Mac comes to our meetings and if you pre-order some rock with him, he will bring it to the next meeting wich=free shipping, so you dont have to drive all the way down to his place, unless you want to cherry pick some sps and rock :D .

Welcome to the club heather. Dr Mac comes to our meetings and if you pre-order some rock with him, he will bring it to the next meeting wich=free shipping, so you dont have to drive all the way down to his place, unless you want to cherry pick some sps and rock :D .

28203[/snapback]

Thanks! Sounds like a good deal to me. We'll see how things go once I get a 90g up and running. As for now I don't need a whole lot rock and I'm pretty new to the reef scene as all I have are some lonely pimple mushrooms. I'd like to start to get some more coral now that my tank is starting to mature :)

Guest RED DOG

I have some nice soft corals, and some buttom polyps that will do ok under those lights. Care to upgrade to 96w PC's or VHO's or better yet both.

I have some nice soft corals, and some buttom polyps that will do ok under those lights. Care to upgrade to 96w PC's or VHO's or better yet both.

28244[/snapback]

Really trying to drive a hard bargain aren't ya? haha

I'll talk to my husband :)

Guest RED DOG

Well, you see, it's like this...I too am getting ready to go on vacation in about two months. I'm kind of done with the hobbie. At least for a while, and would like to get rid of as much stuff as possiable before I go. Just curious, but where are you going to be staying on your vacation in Spotsy?