STN Treatment

cabrego

I have not read thru all the posts but this is what i see from your pics.

All your anemones are just hanging, little color to the bodies and no bubble to the tips. what i see is no flow, from pic to pic they are just hanging there. Do you have your pumps off while taking these pics or is that your normal flow? Also what lights do you have? I checked out your rc thread and i see 2 175w mh's. if this is a 90 its pretty tall, could you bulbs be old and you do not have enough light? over time the bulbs are not as strong, could it be time to replace them or get better lights?

something to think about is what Dave said about strontium. Mine was low as well a while back and now dose just a little bit of it to bring it up.

http://www.aquariumwatertesting.com/ because there is no substitute. You know what they say about opinions...

really considering doing this, thanks for the link.

I have not read thru all the posts but this is what i see from your pics.

All your anemones are just hanging, little color to the bodies and no bubble to the tips. what i see is no flow, from pic to pic they are just hanging there. Do you have your pumps off while taking these pics or is that your normal flow? Also what lights do you have? I checked out your rc thread and i see 2 175w mh's. if this is a 90 its pretty tall, could you bulbs be old and you do not have enough light? over time the bulbs are not as strong, could it be time to replace them or get better lights?

something to think about is what Dave said about strontium. Mine was low as well a while back and now dose just a little bit of it to bring it up.

Flow is off for pictures, the bulbs were replaced a couple of months ago, I don't know if it is time to replace again-I would think I would have enough light though. The acropora naa is only a couple of inches away from the surface of the water- and it was hit the hardest and first. It seems that once the algae grows on the tips I can do little to save them-I have trimmed them and dipped them in iodine solution without much luck. I have used the 175s for the last year with good success so lighting is not first on my list.

Another observation I have made: I use to have a very large carpet anemone but around the same time as my corals have been acting up-my carpet anemone has not been it's self-it appears to have shrunk-and the mouth has a light brown color around the mouth-it is hardly ever fully extended if it hasn't shrunk. So that is another indicator to me that something isn't quite right with water quality....

really considering doing this, thanks for the link.

It's worth every penny and the piece of mind knowing all your perams are in check.