my 20

mogurnda

Uploading a pic of the 20 gallon.  Most of the corals are free frags from Michael or others in the society, and everything is bigger than in the pic.  I'll be decapitating the Sarcophyton before the January meeting if anyone's interested.all110803sm2.jpg

That is looking really sweet!  What will the clowns nestle in when you chop the sarco?

• 1 month later...

Here are a few more.

This is a mushroom and progeny, started from a little one given to me by at the WAMAS frag workshop.  I wish I remembered the name of the guy who gave them to me.  Brought his nano from Texas.  

redshroom1552.jpg

Guest x2minusblndfold
that red mushroom is beautiful. i wish i had a picture of my red mushroom colony.. what lighting do u use on them? what supliments to u feed them?

Guest x2minusblndfold
hmmmm.. all im adding to my tank is Phytoplankton and Calcium..should i be adding nemore?

Yes- if you are adding calcium- you also need to add some form of buffer- kalk (aka lime water) has both parts in it.  

The other thing you should be adding is food :)

The other thing you should be adding is food
 Oops, I add that.  Alternate different kinds of frozen food, but I don't target feed.  Plus phyto.  Plus a lot of love :;):

• 2 weeks later...
fairly un-nutritious IMO. Day old freshly hatched brine shrimp still have a lot of nutrition in them though, and it is pretty easy to do.  I should also add that in feeding corals, it is best to try to use a bunch of different sized meats (which a blender does a great job of accomplishing).  Best bet is to read over our diy thread on coral food and the lenghty post at reefcentral.com in the coral forum (Eric Borneman's forum).  It is pinned at the top so pretty easy to find.  There is no magic recipe, but I think the concensus is that the more diverse the ingredients, the better.

Very Nice

I want a piece of the sarc if you have a spare

Thanks!

After I sent the cap to the last meeting, the parent developed rot around the base (see "sarcophyton rot" thread).  I have re-fragged it, but there's not much left.  I have a few daughter colonies, if you're interested.