Clown behavior

steveoutlaw

I have a pair of True percs or oscellaris (can't remember). I guess they are brother and sister because they both came from the same litter. Anyway, they have been getting along fine for about 6 months. Now the female (or maybe just the larger one) has started hosting in the anemone and is beating up on the male (or the smaller one) and won't let it get near the anemone. Is this normal behaviour or do I need to try pairing a different clown up with the one hosting?

I have a pair of True percs or oscellaris (can't remember). I guess they are brother and sister because they both came from the same litter. Anyway, they have been getting along fine for about 6 months. Now the female (or maybe just the larger one) has started hosting in the anemone and is beating up on the male (or the smaller one) and won't let it get near the anemone. Is this normal behaviour or do I need to try pairing a different clown up with the one hosting?

Normal behavior. Let the maturing "female" build dominance and allow the soon to be "male" to fall in line. Adjustments now or in the future are likely to retrigger the process, nature has it all under control at this point. She'll let the male in when she feels comfortable she is in control and the male acknowledges such appropriately.

I would not be surprised to see them both in the anemone a couple hours after the lights go out.

I would not be surprised to see them both in the anemone during the day after a couple of weeks.

Cheers.