Best/Cheap Saltwater safe magnets?

encideought

I was hoping to mount some small frags on the back wall of my tank with magnets, but I'd rather not buy mag-rocks if I don't have to. Is there an "easy" DIY way to get saltwater safe magnets?

Thanks,

Nick

for the cheapest solution, you might want to try petco for heater suction cups. 2 for $1 or $2.50. check the scan codes, because I picked up a few and had 2 different prices for near identical items. works nicely for reef plugs since I only wanted a few frags up on the back and side walls but not enough room for a rack.

pink_stylophora.jpg

I've had a few accidents with my pink stylophora, so I glued a few of the bits to reef plugs. Anyone interested? Haven't totally encrusted yet, so I haven't offered them yet.

If you have room for a rack, a mag-float (med) and some egg crate superglued to it works great for me. The magfloat is strong enough to support a big size rack. If you're looking for a smaller rack maybe the smaller size mag-float would be ok. But it depends on the thickness of your tank as well.

Cool, Thanks for the tips. I want to try getting some soft polyps to grow along my back wall, so I think I'm going to try the flatter magnet option and see how it goes.

Thanks! Happy Holidays!