My closed loop manifold

bkl911

Well, here is the manifold (from flexpvc.com) I used that is 2" and splits to six 3/4" tubes which are attached with some flex pvc. It is attached to the top of my Hammerhead pump with a 2" union and splits to ball valves and unions to all of the closed loops. There are four bulkheads with locline on the bottom and two on the top front corners. The tank is about 85% filled to keep the water under the overflows with freshwater right now to check for leaks and luckily only 1 leak from the top of the hammerhead, so I went to Home Depot and removed the teflon tape and bought some Hercules PTFE pipe dope. Now 16 hours with it constantly running there are no leaks. I bought PVC Gorilla glue from flexpvc.com and will say that it is easier to use then the Oatey stuff. There is no need for primer and you can get about a full 4-5 seconds of movement before it is fully attached where the other stuff usually bonds in a second.

And here is a pic of my home made durso pipe. It is 1.5 pipe with a 1.5 inch to 3 inch reducer with 5 inches of 3 inch pipe for the outside sleeve which is height adjustable. I still need to drill the hole for the top, but may modify it so I can make it adjustable.

Oh yea disregard the mess....

post-2631710-1252939657_thumb.jpg

post-2631710-1252939690_thumb.jpg

post-2631710-1252939725_thumb.jpg

post-2631710-1252939749_thumb.jpg

post-2631710-1252939820_thumb.jpg

Edited by bkl911

One other thing I did was the intake for the closed loop in the tank is 2 inch gray schedule 80 which tees off in four spots horizontally and there are four 2" strainers. In the one full tank pic, you can see the two up front and there are two more in the back. I figured that the four 2" strainers would prevent a fish from getting stuck from the intake flow.

Looks nice. Normally I would say reducing the outlets on the Hammerhead will hurt the flow quite a bit but, the pump is right there so it is probably fine. Is that a handle on the front of your stand? What size tank is that? Show us the electrical box you have there :)