Time for New Canopy

Marty

Had to replace my bulbs and in doing that found that parts of my 3 yr old DIY hood are rotting.  My end caps are also shot and the el cheapo flashing reflector that I put in is so tarnished, the wood probably reflects better than the metal!

Time to build a new one.  

I've got a standard AGA 120g not RR.  I've got a mixed reef with mostly fish and tons of shrooms & polyps and a couple softies.  2 X 250 MH's plus 4 X 110W VHO's.  2 X Icecap 4" variable fans.  It's a lot, but it fits, kinda.  I don't like the design of my hood and I want to make it better/different.  Any ideas?  Things not to do?  Tips?  Tricks?  

I've built two hoods in the last 8 years and each one has been a little better than the last.  I'm hoping to make this one the best yet.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Marty

Marty,

Go to page 2 of My Photo Gallery and see the diagram that I put in. Maybe we could get together over the next few week?

I need to build one for my 90g tank real soon!

Howard

Guest Yomeister66
What are the dimensions of an AGA 120? I've got an Oceanic canopy for my 110 that I've been trying to get rid of. It's 5' wide by 18" deep

Howard, I'll check out your page.  I've got a week or two until I can build anything, so a building party may be in order.

Yo, the AGA 120 is 2' X 4'.  The canopy you have would be too long and too skinny.  I've got all the hardware, I just need to rebuild the shell.

Sounds good,

I'm heading to PA this weekend, company all the following.

The weekend of the 19th, I believe I'll be ready to move my 90g tank, so that looks good for me now?

Howard