Spanky's 29g BC Rescue

spankythepyro

Ok so I bought this tank about 2 wks ago from a guy in the VA/DC area. Needless to say it was a PIECE OR WORK. Algae and deterius everywhere! No CUC! 2 fairly large clowns!

They said they had a hippo tang and a RBTA in it but both died... I could see why...

I will start posting pictures of the progress I have made :)

Also I am looking for corals now so if anyone is local and has any zoas for sale please let me know!

Tank Details:

- Oceanic Biocube 29g w/ Stand

- ViaAqua 100w Titanium heater

- Tunze 9002 Skimmer w/ StevieT Cup

- Hydor Koralia 2

- Stevie T Media Rack w/ Filter Floss, Purigen, Chemi-Pure Elite

- Stock Return Pump

- Stock Lighting

Livestock:

- Mated Pair of False Percs

Inverts:

- 1 Astrea Snail (LFS crud, 4 died)

Day I brought Home:

tankstart.jpg

About a Week Ago:

tankweekago.jpg

The Cuties (Patrick & Duffy):

cuties.jpg

cool rescue, did you get a good deal? i like those tanks, i started with one of them a in March 08. The tunze is a great skimmer for it and you are doing it rigt with adding chemipure, it really does help a lot. keep us poste on its progress.

i do have a few corals for sale but not any zoas, just a chalice, duncan, millipora and favia

It was $220 for the tank, stand, testing chems, food. I have spent another $500 on the other essentials, tunze9002 skimmer, powerhead, new heater, refractometer, etc.

The chemi-pure has worked wonders for water quality! I'll take a picture of my back chamber soon.

I need to do another WC tomorrow and I will take another pic. Rockscape has changed slightly.

I'll only go with zoas for now because I've read they are easy to take care of but are often the first thing to open/close when water conditions change so they are good indicators.

whew long post! thanks for the comments guys!

Looks good tagging along to see the progress.

My tip is to take the 20 and get your WAMAS membership you will be ablet to look at the sale forum and save bundles on corals, lr, equipment, and not to mention priceless info from the members section!

thanks:) I just applied for membership earlier today. I am hoping to get it free since I am a student at a local University.

I hope to start proping corals and this looks like the place to buy/sell/trade locally and help increase the beauty of everyones tanks :)

will be updating soon... But I got denied free membership even though I am a student... I don't really have $20 for a forum membership that could better be spent on food/tank/tuition

will be updating soon... But I got denied free membership even though I am a student... I don't really have $20 for a forum membership that could better be spent on food/tank/tuition

Trust me if you don't have the 20 to put to the membership (will result in lots of free or greatly reduced goods) probably wrong hobby. You could go buy a frag of something so so for 20 or get in the SWAP here and have loads of stuff for free! Just my 2c.

(edited)

Yes I know I was going to get that response. At the moment however I don't know how much use I could put the membership to since I have no clear idea of what happens lol. No car at college so I have to borrow a friends if I ever need to go out.

Edited by spankythepyro

THese were taken with my BB, so if you want better pictures please send me a cannon or nikon :D

First up a pic of the back, don't mind the green hue its the camera.

IMG00197.jpg

Jean Claude, and percs getting in the shot

IMG00200.jpg

IMG00198.jpg

My Bangii that just sits in the corner all day :( - Name is Octavius

IMG00206.jpg

Ella my beautiful 6line

IMG00202.jpg

IMG00208.jpg

• 3 years later...