Anemone Help

keeperoftherreef

Yesterday I noticed that my anemone was starting to move. I also noticed that it was almost touching a rock that has some zoas on it. I didn't think anything of it as it has touched other corals before without a problem. Today I come home and the anemone is not in its usual spot. I notice that it is now in the rear corner of the tank when it was in the front. As you can see in the pics an area of it has turned purple and another area looks like it has been cut.

gallery_1007_97_74066.jpg gallery_1007_97_96450.jpg

Is it possible that the zoas caused the damage in the first pic or is something alse going on? All water parameters and tank conditions are good and have not changed in sometime.

Looks like an upset S. haddoni.

Symptoms do appear to be coral injury, but they also consistent with some level of predation. If it continues to show distress and or the size of the affected area increases, assume a predator since it does not appear to be in an area with aggressive coral.

Make sure it is getting some flow to wash away heavy sliming and prevent bacteria growth. Also, make sure it is not getting kalk, or other supplements dropped on it, touching heaters, etc.

fwiw: typical predators, cowrie snails, eunice worms, shrimp, fish, etc.

No doubt, better safe then sorry. Still not sure it is the/only problem, but circumstantial evidence is present :)

fwiw: Caught a 3" cowrie eating my S. haddoni in the middle of the night myself. Don't see it listed often on predator lists, but I caught mine in the act.