12 gallon "CURRENT" AQUA POD owners?

rrubberbandman

Scott,

You know I only brighten a neighborhood with my presence. :clap: At least I do in my own little world. :rollface:

I've got the AP12 up and running, I used NSW and some HD Playsand for the substrate. I'm using the Korlia Nano on a wavetimer for circulation. I'm hitting the LFS's you recommended today for some rock and a clean up crew.

I spoke to a gentleman from Mr. Coral and they said there are plenty of nice fully cured pieces of rock for nanos on hand.

In a few weeks I hope to find some nice frags with Montipora on the top levels and smaller LPS species making up the middle and bottom area of the rock. I may try a nice crocea is I can find one small enough. I still haven't decided if fish are going to make it into the tank yet, but more than likely a few will.

Well I intended to hit at least 3 stores today, and since I'm driving from Winchester I expected it to be an all day event. I punched in the address for Mr Coral and it took me on a very simple and quick route which was all highway. No need to go any further, I'll save that for another weekend.

I got three very nice medium shaped pieces of rock and one small branching piece that unfortunately became two on the ride home but fit in well just the same. There were so many nice frags on hand I really wish I could have picked up a couple or so, but will surely return when I'm positive the tank is stable.

The mod I picked up in this thread about using safety plugs really helped to adjust the water level without permanently changing the design. This AP12 is really on its way; thank you...

• 2 weeks later...

Against my better judgment I added a pygmy angel and a firefish, but they're fine so I guess they may be it on the fish load (famous last words) while yesterday I picked up five nice frags that look pretty darn good this morning. Hopefully in a couple of months it will be worthy of posting a few pics.