T5 bulb setup

Mystical Lady

The paper hanging on tank is 1 sheet of 24lb HP Bright White Inkjet.

The camera is a Olympus C-2100. The pictures were taken at F2.8 1/50

http://www.thewebcastle.com/_FISH/

I had problems when I set up my T5 as to which bulbs to order. It was confusing for me so I made this album hoping it might help someone else. I initially started with:

4-39W_6000K_Midday_Sun_T5_HO

this setup was way too yellow for me. Nothing in the tank 'popped' with color and I didn't enjoy showing it off to anyone. Now I have settled on the:

2-39W_Actinic_Plus_T5_HO

plus

2-39W_6000K_Midday_Sun_T5_HO

and love it. During the 'daylight' hours it looks great but when the Actinics stay on for the evening time, everything 'pops' with color.

Thanks to WMAS I now can 'halfway' understand what everyone means by the different color in bulbs.

Guest han012

i bought a new t5 tek setup yesterday w/ the same type of bulbs as you. its nice to see what my tank's going to look like.

how come you didn't get the 54w bulbs? how big is your tank?

I love the way you displayed that. Very well done. Hellolights just had a sale on 39w T-5 bulbs, $10 each. In my 40 breeder I use a T-5 set up and have half acitinic and half 10k. I got 4 new bulbs 2 and 2 again. I think the new acitinics are not giving out as much Par or something. I will check tonight. Now that I see what you did, I am thinking of putting the old acitinics in with the new acitinics so I can turn one on and the other off right after each other. Do you prefer the 65k over 10k?

han If I am not mistaken, 39w bulbs is generally 3' long fixture.

Edited by dschflier

I love the way you displayed that. Very well done. Hellolights just had a sale on 39w T-5 bulbs, $10 each. In my 40 breeder I use a T-5 set up and have half acitinic and half 10k. I got 4 new bulbs 2 and 2 again. I think the new acitinics are not giving out as much Par or something. I will check tonight. Now that I see what you did, I am thinking of putting the old acitinics in with the new acitinics so I can turn one on and the other off right after each other. Do you prefer the 65k over 10k?

han If I am not mistaken, 39w bulbs is generally 3' long fixture.

You're right on the 39W bulbs are 3' long.... that was another confusing thing I had to learn.....

I have never tried the 10K bulbs....aren't they on the blue side of color???... maybe you can make the comparison and post here? so we can see the differences ;)

Thanks for the compliment on my display..... I hope it helps others understand the color thing....