Need a little Auto Top Off help

rooroo

I have the Aqua Medic Niveaumat auto top off system on my tank. It's just a peristolic pump with a float switch. It's worked flawlessly for 6 months but just recently it stopped moving water through the tubes. The pump still rotates and all the inlets and outlets have been thoroughly cleaned and tested to ensure they are not clogged. I replaced the airline tubing and the peristolic tube in the pump (replaced it twice actually) and nothing seems to fix it. The water in the tubing just moves back and forth as the pump compresses the tube, but it never moves forward down the tube. So does anyone have any ideas as to what I should try next?

I happen to have a spare SP 3000 dosing pump, which is the same exact pump without the port for the float switch, so the only thing left I can think to do is to swap out all the internal components of the Niveaumat for the unused dosing pump.

I've also emailed Aqua Medic but they take a few days to get back to you and I will be away this weekend so I was hoping to get it working very soon so I can be sure its functioning properly.

Wow, quick response from Aqua Medic. They told me to reinstall the check valves I thought were useless other than to clog the lines quicker. Hopefully they weren't the reason the unit failed in the first place otherwise I'll be overnighting some tomorrow.

Edited by rooroo

Yeah the little check valve thing really makes it work much better (it was going to be my suggestion to you).

Dave