Hardy LPS

Guest han012

Guest han012

Can someone list some hardy LPS that i can put into my 55 apa? i have 220W VHO, around 80 lbs of LR, 60 lbs of LS, aquac remora skimmer (no sump/refugium yet). the tank is still in it's early stages (i only have a mated ocellarius) but i'd like to get a good list of LPS so i can start my research as to which ones i want.

Thanks in advance-Han

Can someone list some hardy LPS that i can put into my 55 apa? i have 220W VHO, around 80 lbs of LR, 60 lbs of LS, aquac remora skimmer (no sump/refugium yet). the tank is still in it's early stages (i only have a mated ocellarius) but i'd like to get a good list of LPS so i can start my research as to which ones i want.

Thanks in advance-Han

Frogspawn.

You need to feed this thing very often :(

His post title said "What were your first LPS? " and mine was a SunCoral.......

Guest han012

actually i put that there because i assumed your first coral was the hardiest/easiest to keep. what i'm looking for is a list of potential corals for me to buy. so far i'm favoring the frogspawn, open brain & flat brain.

Any more suggestions?

actually i put that there because i assumed your first coral was the hardiest/easiest to keep. what i'm looking for is a list of potential corals for me to buy. so far i'm favoring the frogspawn, open brain & flat brain.

Any more suggestions?

OK... sorry........ my bad ..... I *assumed* :drink:

Plates

Candy Canes but I've had mixed reviews with these in the past

Ricordias

Brains

Lobophyilias

Frogspawn

Blastomussa

Most of them actually, because they love lights but not as much as SPS. Most end up from middle range in your tank to sandbed, so a VHO should be ok!

When your ready, go with a T5 bulb setup

Guest han012

Plates

Candy Canes but I've had mixed reviews with these in the past

Ricordias

Brains

Lobophyilias

Frogspawn

Blastomussa

Most of them actually, because they love lights but not as much as SPS. Most end up from middle range in your tank to sandbed, so a VHO should be ok!

When your ready, go with a T5 bulb setup

i've spent the past month getting equipment so i don't even want to think about it anymore!!! =D i know i need to upgrade to a better light system & sump/refugium but i don't want to do that until couple months down the line.

my wallet needs a break