Lawnmower Gone Loco?

rsarvis

My lawnmower blenny spends a lot of his day over near a corner up against the glass making violent horizontal back and forth motions, mostly on the front glass but a little on the side, too. He does it with such ferver and frequency that he's moved quite a bit of sand in the process. He looks like he's going crazy. Is he trying to fight his reflection or something? If so, is there something I can do to get him to stop?

For that matter, most of my fish spend a lot of their time up against the front glass (though I think this is clearly different than lawnmower's problem). On the one hand, it's nice that they're prominent visibly and not hiding in the rocks or on the other side of the rocks. But is this normal? Might this be a water flow issue? I.e., up against the front glass is where the water current is nicest?

Mine's just as retarded. I assumed it was normal.

I hope I'm right.

Mine does that too. These guys are very territorial fish so I'm pretty sure he's "fighting" his reflection. Kinda funny to watch and since he hasn't hurt anything doing this I haven't tried to stop him.