Question about TekLight T5 unit

inedukated

Hey guys.... back in December I bought a TekLight T5 unit, 6x54W from BRK. It's been a great investment so far.... growth is great.

Around 8pm tonight, while I was watching the tank, 2 bulbs went out at the same time. If you arranged the bulbs in order 1-6, it was bulbs 4 and 5. So naturally I started cursing, thinking I was out even more money....

When the lights went out later at 10pm, i swapped around the bulbs to see if that would help. (swapped bulbs 2-3 and 4-5) and again, only spots 2-3 worked, not 4-5. I switched everything back again to the original configuration, and low-and-behold...everything works now.

Is this a sign of a problematic future? bulbs/ballast? do these units have warranties??

-Ben

there are warrenties, 4-5 have to have both bulbs working for both to light. one bulb probably wasnt connected right, salt creep, or maybe an endcap wire came loose a bit. id take off the ends and see if any wires are loose before you do anything else.

tek has a 1 or 2 year warrenty i think, but Ybenormal is the guy to ask about that.