Is it time to have the fish move back in?

Boxxr

I removed my remaining fish from the main display tank 5 weeks ago after a outbreak of Ich. Those fish are doing well in their hospital tank, but I would like to return them to the main tank. The blond naso tank is really not too happy in such a small tank.

What do you guys say? Is 5 weeks without any fish hosts in the infected tank long enough to rid it of the Ich organisms? I have read 4 weeks is about right, but I really don't want to go through this again. Should I wait until six weeks?

What are your thoughts?

Karl

I removed my remaining fish from the main display tank 5 weeks ago after a outbreak of Ich. Those fish are doing well in their hospital tank, but I would like to return them to the main tank. The blond naso tank is really not too happy in such a small tank.

What do you guys say? Is 5 weeks without any fish hosts in the infected tank long enough to rid it of the Ich organisms? I have read 4 weeks is about right, but I really don't want to go through this again. Should I wait until six weeks?

What are your thoughts?

Karl

The maximum appears to be less then 72 days, most aquaculture folks go 6 weeks.

I tend to follow the folks that measure success financially, so stay on track for the full 6 weeks minimum.