ICH

Guest clownfish4

Guest clownfish4
Well, I am on my second attempt at a blue hippo.  I lost the first one to ich in quarrantine and am well on my way there again.  I bought the hippo on 12-18-04 and put him in my QT with a specific gravity of 1.020.  On 12-30-04, I preformed a low salinity dip(1.008) due to slight case of ich.  The hippo appeared fine after that and remained in the QT.    Today, 1-6-04, I came home and saw him completely covered!  I immediately performed a fresh water dip and returned him to the quarrantine tank.  Now I am lowering the salinity of the QT further.  What should I do?  I don't want to lose this fish, so any help is greatly appreciated.

I wonder about if they aren't put through added stress in the qt tank?  What size is it?  Have any rocks or stuff to make it comfortable?  Did you check the water quality?  Ammonia and nitrite?  pH? Temp?

Guest HVF21221

Dude, I have said in ther past:If you have a QT use Mardels Coppersafe. I don't know why people are so against it. I use it at the recommended dose, then at the 2 week mark get it out quick, water changes and poly filter. Why fool around, this stuff will take care of the problem in 4-7 days. I have had several rare clownfish I had to treat and never had ill effects. 1 pair I treated are spawning every 2 weeks like clockwork so the thought that copper has an effect on fertility is hogwash.

Howard

Guest clownfish4
Thanks for the help, but it is too late.  I cam home from work and he was dead.