Oceans Motions

Guest clownfish4

Guest clownfish4
I have been reading a lot of stuff about Oceans Motions and have heard very good things.  I am thinking about investing in an eight way for my 125g with revolution heads.  Anyone have any experience with them?

Isn't concealing those 4 tubes difficult, esp if you don't have the tank drilled on the

back , so the tubes gotta come over the top?

Moreover, how random are the currents in comparison to a sea swirl.?

-krish

Guest D33rex
Im sorry there may be some confusion here.  I was just referring to a regular Ocean Motion wavemaker, it appears you guys may be talking about something different I apologize.

Guest clownfish4
Krish, I imagine it wouldn't be too hard, there would just be four pipes hanging over the back and would be covered by rock.  With the addition of the revolutions I understand the flow will be very random and powerful.

Guest Lori's Reef

My experience with wavemakers (although not "ocean motion" brand) is they burn our your powerheads pretty quickly.  I guess all of the on, off, on, off.... One at a time they all started malfunctioning.  The concept is a good one, but I won't dump another couple of hundred dollars on it to try another brand and possibly end up with the same result.

I don't remember the name of the system that Rich is using, but I plan to look into replacing all of my ph's with it.  Not only does it eliminate the ph's hanging in every corner, but it is a single self contained system that creates motion throughout the tank with 4,6, or 8 heads across the top of the tank.

Guest clownfish4
Rich is using the oceans motions.  Go to oceansmotions.com and you'll see what we are talking about.  It is NOT a wavemaker using powerheads.  It is a water diverter that uses a big pump.  Kind of like a scwd but more involved.