Truck/Van rental ideas

Zprface

I found a 75 gallon tank with 2 175 watt MH, hood, stand, 100+ pounds of LR, sps corals, 30 G refugium, sump, skimmer & chiller for $700.  It is currently set-up, and I have seen pics(I would post them, but I don't know how).  Now, for $700 I am thinking I should drive to Pearl River, NY to pick it up.  Unfortunately, I drive an Altima. :(   Does anyone know where to rent a van in the Northern VA/MD area?  I think I could probably rent a budget truck for around $500.  Do you guys think it is worth it at the total cost of $1200 plus gas?  If someone can tell me how to post pics, I will.  There are some corals included as well.  Thanks!

Linda

Check with renting a U-haul van 1 way.  If you had a hitch it would be another story, and I'd say rent a trailer.

Option 2- bag the stand and canopy and re-build yourself.

Guest Ghazanfar Ghori

Rent a suv that has a hitch from Enterprise / Avis etc

(approx $75 / day)

Rent trailer from u-haul ($20 / day I think w/ no mileage limit)

Wow!  You guys are faster than calling 911!  I think I will most likely rent a SUV and a trailer.  

I will definitely need help identifying some of the corals after I get it picked up.

Thanks for the speedy replies!

Linda

Guest mikesroth
Check with Enterpise, they have a deal where they don't charge you miles if you are going to be using the vehicle within a certain area.  Also, make sure you DONT rent from the airport, from what I remember (when I was looking) you get charged an extra tax or fee for getting from the airport.

Enterprise has cargo Vans for $60 a day, so I'll go that route.  Because of scheduling, I may need to have the van for an extra day.  If anyone has something big to move on a Sunday in Northern VA, I may be able to help.

Linda