WAMAS Tank of the Month

First and foremost I would like to thank the WAMAS community and officers for the opportunity to be Tank Of The Month for a second time. Without WAMAS and a lot of its members, I would not have the success that I enjoy today. I have been into reef aquariums for approximately 6 years now. Although trying at times, I couldn't imagine not having a reef tank.

My current tank is a Miracles rimless 270 gallon display constructed of 3/4" glass measuring 72x36x24 with no eurobracing. The stand is constructed of solid walnut and curly maple. The tank is located in my living room, backing up to the garage wall, which is where all the filtration takes place. The tank screen was made by Adam at Artfully Acrylic. Dart return pump, two Vortech MP60s and two MP40s.

8x80 ATI led powermodule with two 60" XHO Reefbrites. The frag tank is running a gen 4 Radion Pro.

Custom 24x60 sump with built in Thieling Rollermat instead of traditional filter socks, Bubbleking sm300 skimmer, small algae turf scrubber, 57 watt uv, gfo and carbon, calcium reactor, and sulphur reactor. Automatic water changes at the rate of 10 gallons per day, hence the large 250 gallon container.

I do not use any additives.

Large angels are my weakness. I currently have a goldflake, regal, queen, and emperor. I really want a blueface. I don't have much polyp extension but that's the price I choose to pay for the angels.

Corals: definitely a true mixed reef, but I focus on the sps - mille's being my favorite.

I only feed LRS Reef Frenzy once per day and nori every other day.

Figuring out how to stop buying coral, and for me personally, nitrates have always been my nemesis no matter what I do.

Only current plans are to add the Neptune Trident if they get it figured out.

Have fun, don't let it feel like a second job and be patient.

• Reefbrites on at 12pm
  • T5 on at 3pm
  • T5 off at 9pm
  • Reefbrites off at midnight

• Salinity: 35 ppt
  • Temperature: 78°F
  • Alkalinity: 8.0 dkH
  • Calcium: 430 ppm
  • Magnesium: 1300 ppm
  • Phosphate: .04 ppm
  • Nitrate: 40 ppm

• Display: Miracles rimless 270